How Do I ?

Personal Carer

You apply to your Public Health Nurse for a Personal Carer. You can have a Home Support Worker (used to be called Home Help) and a Carer. The Public Health Nurse will call to you and do an assessment on your need for a Personal Carer.
There is no means test on the person applying. There is a waiting list and hours are allocated depending on the resources available at the time of application. The only assessment that is done on the person is a clinical assessment.

Contact Citizens Information or your local Health Centre for more information.

Health Centre Contact No. 042 939 4011 or 042 9394012

Citizens Information Contact No.0761 07 4000 orĀ 021 4521600